I have not updated this blog, nor made an announcement concerning Roll Up the Rim, in quite a few weeks. The work associated with producing a book on my own has mushroomed, as I expected it would, and the demands from my full-time job teaching high school had priority during the month of June.
The next step in the process is for me to do a final draft of the manuscript before it is sent to page layout. I’m estimating that job, based on years of previous experience, to be sixty or so hours of work. Because the product of that sixty hours is going to be the more or less permanent text of the book, I did not feel comfortable doing it in unfocused two and three-hour bursts over the last few weeks. I’ve got to be able to focus intensely for long periods of time.
So I am going today to a semi-secret semi-hideaway in order to do the final text edits on the book.
The photo above shows the zippered binder containing the hard copy of the text of the novel with the editor’s comments. I’ll be diving into that binder before the end of the day today. Wish me luck in there.